Call for an initial consultation

  • Sheffield 0114 272 9184
  • Chesterfield 01246 229 393
  • Hathersage 01433650718

Accidents In Pubs & Restaurants

People often have accidents in pubs and restaurants due to:

Last updated on May 29th, 2018 at 04:11 pm

  • Poorly maintained premises and furnishings
  • Badly fitted carpets or floor coverings
  • Spillages or other debris on the floor
  • Poorly maintained walking surfaces
  • Obstructions on walking surfaces
  • Insufficient lighting

Occupiers of publicly used premises have a duty to take reasonable care to ensure the safety of the public, including keeping the walking areas clean, free of obstruction and safe for people to use.

If you suffer an injury in a public place such as a pub, restaurant, club or bar, and it wasn’t your fault, you may be able to make a personal injury compensation claim.

What can I claim?

You may be able to claim:

  • General damages: these cover physical pain and suffering, but can also include emotional pain such as depression which is a result of the injury.
  • Special damages: these cover things such as loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses, including medical expenses.

The amount of compensation you’ll win will depend on the severity of your injuries and the extent of your losses.

How do I make a claim?

Contact our personal injury specialists now to discuss making a no win/no fee personal injury claim.  We’ll guide you through the whole process and make sure that you receive the best compensation possible.

Find out how TraceyDickinson won £4,100 for a woman who was injured in the slug and lettuce.


scroll to top