Call for an initial consultation

  • Sheffield 0114 272 9184
  • Chesterfield 01246 229 393
  • Hathersage 01433650718

Accidents In Public Places

If you’ve had an accident in a public place, for example, a slip or trip on a pavement or an accident in a shop or elsewhere, you may be entitled to compensation.

Last updated on April 6th, 2018 at 02:06 pm

What should I do if I have an accident in a public place?

We have specialists within our personal injury team who are experts in dealing with compensation claims for people who have accidents in public places.  We’ll arrange to inspect the location of the accident so that we can properly investigate the cause and assess liability.

We’ll obtain the evidence we need, but, in order to give yourself the best chance of claiming compensation, we would also recommend that you:

  • Seek medical attention if you’re injured
  • Photograph the site and cause of the accident as quickly as possible.  Sites can be changed or be cleaned up quickly and the cause of the accident removed
  • Get the contact details of any witnesses
  • Report the accident to the establishment if you’re in a public place

Contact us for advice as soon as possible.

What can I claim?

You may be able to claim:

  • General damages: these cover physical pain and suffering, but can also include emotional pain such as depression which is a result of the injury.
  • Special damages: these cover things such as loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses, including medical expenses.

The amount of compensation you’ll  win will depend on the severity of your injuries and the extent of your losses.

How do I make a claim?

Contact our personal specialists now to discuss making a no win/no fee personal injury claim.  We’ll guide you through the whole process and make sure that you receive the best compensation possible.

scroll to top