Call for an initial consultation

  • Sheffield 0114 272 9184
  • Chesterfield 01246 229 393
  • Hathersage 01433650718

Hit And Run Accidents

Last updated on April 24th, 2019 at 03:36 pm

Can I claim compensation if I am involved in a hit and run accident?

If you are unfortunate enough to be injured in a ‘hit and run’ accident, where the other driver leaves the scene, you may still be able to make a compensation claim.

Can I claim compensation if I involved in an accident with an uninsured driver?

Around 1 million road users are driving without insurance in the UK today. If you’re injured in an accident with an uninsured driver you can still make a claim for compensation.

How do I claim compensation?

All motor insurers have to pay into a fund controlled by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). It’s used to compensate victims of accidents involving untraced motorists and those without insurance.

Whilst claims of this type are often more complicated than claiming directly from an insurance company, you should not be put off.  We are experts in obtaining compensation from the MIB for people involved in accidents with untraced and uninsured drivers.

What can I claim?

You may be able to claim:

  • General damages: these cover physical pain and suffering, but can also include emotional pain such as depression which is a result of the injury.
  • Special damages: these cover things such as loss of earnings and out of pocket expenses, including medical expenses.

The amount of compensation you’ll win will depend on the severity of your injuries and the extent of your losses.

What should I do next?

Contact our road accident specialists now to discuss making a no win/no fee personal injury claim.  We’ll guide you through the whole process and make sure that you receive the best compensation possible.

Read how partner, Belinda Lancaster, won six-figure compensation from MIB for a man who was knocked over by an untraced driver.

scroll to top