If you have suffered as a result of negligent orthopaedic treatment, you may be able to make a medical negligence compensation claim.
The types of work involved commonly include:
- Dealing with broken bones and fractures
- Surgery on joints (shoulder, elbow and hand)
- Joint reconstruction
- Hip replacements
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Spine surgery
Doctors who specialise in treating the bones, joints and muscles of the body successfully treat thousands of patients each year and in some cases mistakes are made.
Some of the areas where medical negligence claims can arise in relation to orthopaedics include:
- Poor treatment of fractures
- Damage to nerves during medical procedures or surgery
- Damage to circulation during medical procedures or surgery
- Misinterpretation of x-rays and other test results
- Infection arising from inadequate cleansing of wounds or during surgery
- Delayed diagnosis of congenital hip dysplasia
- Undiagnosed scaphoid fracture
- Surgical errors in relation to discectomy
If you’ve suffered as a result of negligent orthopaedic care, contact us now and speak to one of our experienced lawyers who will discuss the circumstances of your injury and offer advice on the strength of your claim.
What can I claim?
The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Whether you recover fully from the injury or illness or if it has a long term effect on your health and wellbeing
- The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury
You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:
- Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Medical and nursing care costs
- Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
- Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.
Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim.
Nikki Yavari has been representing our family in a clinical negligence case. In my dealings I have found her professional but also full of compassion and empathy considering the sensitive and emotional nature of the case. I have had constant updates on the case and rapid replies to any of my questions. I would not hesitate endorsing Nikki and she is a credit to her company.