Obstetrics is the branch of medicine that deals with pregnancy and the birth of babies. Gynaecology is the branch of medicine that deals with women’s diseases, particularly of the reproductive organs. These two areas together account for many of the medical negligence claims pursued in the UK each year.
Some of the areas giving rise to compensation claims include:
- Injury following surgery or laparoscopy
- Delay in diagnosis of pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy
- Delay in diagnosis of obstetric cholestasis
- Illnesses caused by contraception
- Complications or failure of abortion
- Sterilisation caused by introduction of infection
- Failure of sterilisation or vasectomy leading to wrongful birth or abortion
- Failure to diagnose cervical cancer
If you have suffered as a result of negligent gynaecological or obstetric care, contact us now and speak to one of our experienced lawyers who will discuss the circumstances of your injury and advise on the strength of your claim.
What can I claim?
The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Whether you recover fully from the injury or illness or if it has a long term effect on your health and wellbeing
- The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury
You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:
- Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Medical and nursing care costs
- Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
- Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.
Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim
Nikki was very personable, approachable and helpful. She advised me every step of the way. I couldn’t have been happier. She reassured me as the court case approached & was always confident and supportive.