Call for a free consultation

  • Sheffield 0114 272 9184
  • Chesterfield 01246 229 393
  • Hathersage 01433650718

Cardiac Care Claims

If you have suffered as a result of negligent cardiac care, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Our specialist medical negligence solicitors are experts in dealing with all types of negligence cases relating to:

Last updated on January 8th, 2016 at 03:37 pm

  • Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
  • Angina pectoris
  • Other cardiac problems

Medical negligence claims for these types of problems are often based around misdiagnosis or non-diagnosis of the problem. Unfortunately angina and heart attacks are sometimes diagnosed incorrectly as indigestion or other more minor disorders.

Claims may arise as a result of the correct diagnostic tests not being carried out, for example electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) tests. Misinterpretation of test results can also lead to non-diagnosis of cardiac problems.

Misdiagnosis or late diagnosis can lead to the pain, a worse long term outcome, and possibly even death as a result of the correct treatment not being given at the appropriate time.

Appropriate prioritising of corrective surgery is important to minimise the risk to health.

What can I claim?

The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:

  • The nature of the illness or injury
  • Whether you recover fully from the illness or if it has a long term effect on your health and wellbeing
  • The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury

You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:

  • Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical and nursing care costs
  • Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
  • Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.

Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim.

You have landed on this page as Watson Esam has merged with Graysons

You can read more about the merger here. Graysons will be pleased to help with your enquiry. Please visit our web pages or contact us directly on 0114 358 9009


scroll to top