Property services we can help you with
Whatever property transaction you’re about to undertake, it’s likely to be an exciting prospect. At the same time, however, it can be daunting, complicated and stressful, whether you are a first time buyer, moving up the ladder or a seasoned property investor. Whether you’re buying, selling, leasing, buying to let, or releasing equity in your property, our property experts will guide you smoothly through the complexities of the conveyancing process.
Find out more here:
- The complete guide for first-time homebuyers
- Is the mortgage the first step?
- How do I make an offer?
- What professional advice do I need?
- What is conveyancing?
- What’s the process of buying a house?
- What will Graysons’ conveyancing fees be?
- Why choose Graysons as your conveyancing solicitors?
- What searches and enquiries will you carry out?
- When will we exchange contracts?
- What is completion?
- What does a conveyancer do?
- Why would I want to purchase a shared ownership property?
- Am I eligible for shared ownership?
- Can I sell the property?
- What does leasehold mean?
- What charges will I pay on a leasehold property?
- Can I change, extend or end a lease on leasehold property?
- Do I qualify to buy my council home?
- What if the council has sold the property to another landlord?
- How much will I pay for the property?
- When do I need to register land?
- What if I buy land or property that is unregistered?
- Should I register my land or property voluntarily?
- What is a remortgage?
- How will Graysons handle the remortgaging process for me?
- When will completion take place?
- Can I remortgage on a buy-to-let property?
- Do I remortgage to buy another house?
- Can I remortgage for debt consolidation?
- What will Graysons remortgaging fees be?
What is conveyancing?
Conveyancing is the legal term for transferring ownership of property or land from one person to another.
It’s a complex process which is most successful when carried out by an experienced professional. There are many issues which have to be considered, such as:
- Verifying the identities of the parties involved
- Completing the necessary legal paperwork
- Carrying out relevant searches on the property and land
- Carrying out other formal enquiries on the property and ensuring all legal rights are in place
- Dealing with the mortgage and financial matters
- Advising on and dealing with the way in which the property is to be held and whether any interest needs protecting by a trust deed
- Dealing with stamp duty land tax
Why choose Graysons as your conveyancing solicitors?
- Our offices are based in both Sheffield and Chesterfield, so we have a wealth of local knowledge about properties in both Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
- We have many years’ experience of successfully handling property transactions and can deal with your conveyancing promptly and efficiently.
- We pride ourselves on our personal and friendly service, which we truly believe helps you to get through your transaction as swiftly, and with as little stress as possible.
- We offer a highly competitive service, backed up by the latest technology, which helps your move go ahead as quickly and smoothly as possible.
- Your matter will be dealt with by a qualified legal professional with whom you will have direct contact throughout the process.
- You can get a conveyancing estimate 24 hours a day using our instant estimating tool .
- We have excellent relationships with mortgage lenders and estate agents, which can help to speed up the process.
- Graysons is an accredited member of the Law Society Conveyancing Quality Scheme, so you can rest assured that our expertise and quality of service is second to none.
- Meet our property and conveyancing team.
- Make an appointment/contact us.